Thursday, May 26, 2011

BBQ-ING Ukrainian Style

May 21st 2011
Saturday was such a great day! It started off with all of our group and Kayla's group meeting up and heading to a BBQ/ talent show our coordinators put together for us. We were out in the woods right next to a little lake and it was absolutely beautiful.  The food included hot dogs, chips, and fruit, what could be better? While we were eating I kept feeling like we were camping and that I needed to be setting up a tent! I guess that means I miss camping or something =) After eating we had our own little talent show:

Ameri wrote some lyrics to 'Hey There Delilah' about our time in Ukraine for Igor and Tanya.  We had never practiced it before... so it was ... interesting.  Props to Ameri for writing a way cute song though!
    


Tanya and Igor did a little skit to "there's a hole in the bucket." It was the cutest thing ever! 
Kayla's group did handstands and a little dance! They are so talented! 


Center school did a little puppet show! It was a really cute story about a little 'roll.' Very creative guys!

Rockie jammed out to the boombox! 





Tanya and Igor are the best Native Coordinators ever!  I love them to death and I'm going to miss them so much! 

They gave all of us personalized certificates that congratulate us on completing the semester and give us rights to come back to Kiev whenever we want.  That was super sweet! They also gave each of us flower head dresses.  Each one is different and unique because they had a group of children with autism make them for us.  Can you say COOLEST gift ever! I love it so much! 
After this BBQ was over we all headed over to the Robert's house for another BBQ! It was just as amazing as the first! These people are so nice to feed us all the time! Along with feeding us we played some Rock Band which was a BLAST! I have missed Nintendo a lot since I have been here! It was so fun to just hang out with everyone and play around.  I cannot believe how fast time is flying by! 

1 comment:

  1. this is awesome! I did ILP in Ukraine 07-08. and Tanya and Igor are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete