Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Any fool can paint a picture, but it takes a wise man to be able to sell it"

February 6, 2011
My host family surprised me one day with a big piece of wood and explained that every host student they have had paints them a picture and they hang it somewhere in their house. I love doodling but I'm not very good at painting so I was a little nervous that they wouldn't like what I drew. First i sketched it out on the board had to erase it like a million
times because I didn't realize how much space I had to work with. My host brother let me use his paints so that was really nice of him since 

 I don't have any =) I painted a lot two weeks ago but this last week I didn't have much time. Yesterday my host mom came in and told me they would like it finished on Sunday because they need to hang it up. I painted a lot of it today and FINISHED IT.  I'm actually really proud of it and my host family loves it too!! Not quite an artist yet, but it was fun and I never realized how much a stress reliever it is to just sit down and paint! No wonder so many people enjoy it. Maybe someday I'll see abstract art and be just like Picasso... what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE it! Gosh, you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting is wonderful! You have such great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mindy original in its finest =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOKS AWESOME! what did the others paint? (that have been there before?) do they still have them up in the house? that would be fun to see what they did too! what a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete