Monday, February 21, 2011

Anyone want a numb bum?!?


February 21,2011
When I get done teaching I usually feel 1 of 3 emotions: exhausted, relieved, or ready to do something else! Tonight was definitely one of those nights where I just wanted to do something else and get out of the school.I was going to be smart and get things ready for my elementary classes but what's the fun of being smart? Since the weather is quite chilly there is a lot of snow on the ground and everyday when I take the metro across the river I see TONS of people ice fishing and ice skating and I get so jealous! So after we got done teaching Jennii, Natalie, and I were walking to FHE and I kept glancing at the frozen lake... I was longing to just run out onto the frozen lake just so I could say I did it! I brought up that it would be fun to walk on the lake but we didn't see anyone else on it so we weren't sure if it was safe or not. Then I noticed that we were wrong! There were some people skating on the lake. Without hesitation we ran down the stairs and onto the lake! We made a track on the ice so we could run and slide on it. Being the graceful person I am I fell on my first try. Then I had the brilliant idea that we should sit on the ice and take a picture... ya I dunno what was going through my head because after we took the picture our bums were FROZEN! All in all it was a fantastic Monday and I can finally say that I've played on a frozen lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment