Thursday, March 31, 2011

Getting in touch with Buddha

March 31, 2011
After sitting on a bus for 25 hours we were all pretty excited to finally make it to our first destination: Budapest, Hungary.  We got off the bus and were told that since we didn't have an English guide to show us around we had 3 hours to explore the city.  This was fine with me because then we could goof off and do what we wanted =) Some sites we saw were, Heroes' square, Millenary Monument, and Vajdahunyad Castle.  Of course we took some silly pictures, it wouldn't be memorable without them! After 3 hours we headed back to the bus and much to our surprise they had either hired or somehow found, an English tour guide for us.  She then decided to take us around all the major sites. It was nice to have someone explain all the monuments and know the history behind them instead of just looking at them and not knowing anything about them except that they are important and old. =) 
 Diving into Buddha! 
We like to climb on things =)
We found a park and we were all pretty excited about 
the swings!
Me swinging =) 
Ameri
Kenzie & Audrey
 Natalie
 Kamila wanted to swing on the 
little swings and was 
brilliant enough to flip the 
swing over so she could fit on it!
 I may or may not have gone to the 
Ministry of Magic while I 
was in this booth =)
 Jennii likes to climb poles 
 We found a Subway wrapper 
and got so excited! 
 George Washington is also in Budapest
 Walking to a monument called: uniting one another,
we were all walking towards it and I 
thought it looked really cool!
After our tour of the city got done we headed to the other side of the river.  We found out that the river divides the town, so one side is Pest and the other is Buddha.  So the first half of the day we explored Pest and then headed over to Buddha.  We toured around Fisherman's Bastion, Matthias Church, Royal Castle, and Chain Bridge.  I must say I enjoyed Buddha's side a lot more, It was high above everything else and you could look across the river and it was just BEAUTIFUL! Finally after a lot of sight seeing we headed over to our hotel for the night.  It was a small little place in the middle of nowhere.  Natalie and I were roomies so that was a lot of fun!  We decided to all go in on dinner by getting stuff to make sandwiches.  After eating dinner we were all pretty exhausted and in need of sleep.  It was pretty funny though because it was only 7 pm because Austria is an hour behind Ukraine.  I guess that's what happens when you're on a bus for 25 hours though.  
 Fisherman's Bastion
 Kiev 2 group is the BEST! 
I freaking love these 
girls so much!
 Ha, I took a picture of this tree because 
it looked like the tree from LOTR,
yes I know i'm a nerd =)
I loved being in Budapest, it was so beautiful and fun.  The people were so nice.  It was weird because we all just thought the town felt so familiar and friendly.  I would definitely love to come back again sometime and spend more time there if I could! 

1 comment:

  1. Love love love. I think you were in Hungary though, not Hungry. You may want to change that even though I know you were hungry after riding 25 hours on a bus.

    ReplyDelete