Thursday, March 10, 2011

All Aboard!



March 10, 2011
My very first time on a train! I felt like Harry Potter getting ready to go on the Hogwarts Express!  True it was not as cool as that train but it definitely was pretty awesome!  Ameri, Kenzie, Audrey and I arrived at the train station first and waited for the rest of the girls to get there. The train station was HUGE! One side of it was set up like an old fashioned station and the other side was more modern. While we waited Audrey and I went exploring. We found a really pretty cathedral
and then there were these random cylinder looking things. We weren't sure what they were so I decided to 
stand in one and pose with it. =) Once all the girls arrived we headed to our platform. I was really hoping it would be platform 9 or 10 so I could take a picture in between them and say it was 9 3/4 but it ended up being platform 3. I guess everything can't be as awesome as Harry Potter! We got on our train and set up
our beds for the nine hour ride.  Ameri and I were bunk buddies and we happened to get top bunks... of course with my luck. It was pretty funny watching us try and get on our bunks and maneuver around in them. They don't give you a lot of space. The train ride would have been pretty pleasant except the fact that it was soooo stinking HOT! We were all stripped down to our spandex and t-shirts and still we were dying! My host mom was nice enough to boil some eggs for me and so Ameri and I ate them with some bread I had bought earlier. It definitely was not my favorite meal, but when you're hungry and you don't have a lot of resources you improvise =) Our train left at 7 pm and was planning to arrive in L'viv at 4 am. I was planning on sleeping for most of the ride but this didn't work out too well... We all sat and talked and
laughed until about midnight and then they turned out the lights so we 
figured we should probably try and sleep. Since it was so hot though I could barely sleep! Plus the bunks were so small I was worried I was going to roll off mine! I eventually got some sleep and we arrived to L'viv safe and sound! It was pretty chilly when we got there though. SNOW EVERYWHERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment